2010-03-25

whose Development?

I went to G4 Economic Talk as Observer yesterday.
when they promoted its announcement, I cooperated with them.
so I think they accept me and my friend as observer.

anyway, I went to G4 Economic Talk yesterday.
when I entered the room, there seemed to be 5 or 6 table group.
organizing staff kindly explained the topic of each table.

I just listened several group on Globalization, Poverty, Environment and Health.
especially I stayed at Environment and poverty long time.
at Environment table, they talked about middle term target, and the new body of international framework.
although I don't know the context of their debate, their discussion is not bad.
and more, when I raised the point of Finance Issue to adaptation and the present discussion on International Solidarity Levy, One German Guy knew it.
yeah, it is good thing. almost Japanese Students does not know it.

although I stayed at Environment table, I stayed at Poverty Table most of time.
they discuss the poverty and its cause.
several guys wanted my personal opinion. so I just shared my opinion.
after several conversations, there is interesting discover.

I promote to cancel debt.
but one Japanese Woman said about the responsibility of developing countries to keep their promise that they would pay back.
I replayed that we need to think the historical context. in cold war, U.S. and other countries promote to loan money without investigation. so developed countries also have the responsibility not to check.
she said "but the government of developing countries is also have the problem of governance".

yeah, actually the challenge of anti-corruption is what they must get over.
both developed and developing countries must keep their promise.

and my primary position is how to improve the situation of people.
no one can select living place before birth.
there were over 72 million people outside of school.
and in this global era, access to education is so important. it provides risk learning.
if people can not read word, they tend to sign unfair contract.

I think the purpose of development is to increase of life choice.
and poverty is human-made-disaster.
we need to get over it.

whose development?
and what is the purpose of it?

how do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment